Sunday, May 01, 2011

TV and Royalty

It is amazing to me the way people spend their time these days, especially so-called leisure time. Since I remember the days before every household had a flat screen TV or even further back before any form of TV, it blows my mind on what is being watched on TV today. I do remember when my parents bought our first TV, of course black and white, and only one channel. Now we have flat screens, full color and 125 channels all being bounced off of a satellite high in the atmosphere. While I think all of this technology is neat as can be, it is a shame on what is being shown. While I love a good movie I can’t figure out why the reality shows are so popular and stupid at the same time. From the Biggest Loser to The Apprentice to that Dance thing, for the life of me why is this entertaining? I’d rather watch two bloated frogs wrestle in the local pond than watch that stuff.


Then to add insult to injury the world is encouraged to watch the royal wedding that happened this past week. There were even “watch the royal wedding parties, and people got up early in the morning just to watch this event.” One thing I have enjoyed about this event is that I learned that Queen Elizabeth has reigned through 12 of our American Presidents and has met in person with all but one. For some reason, not given, she never met Lyndon B. Johnson which I am sure he went to the grave wondering what happened on that. She was handed the crown some 59 years ago and must hold on for another four and half years to break the record of being the royal head cheese. While I have never figured out all this royalty thing I will say that she seems to be a very nice person and has represented royalty very well. She doesn’t generally give interviews so I really don’t know how she feels about my opinion.


Possibly the Donald will decide to become the next King, fire the Queen and move to England. He has really been attacking the politicians, mainly President Obama, lately and even came up with a few F bombs at a recent speaking engagement. He has gathered some strong support over the past few weeks to run for President; after all the world has been asking for the actual birth certificate and only the Donald was able to pry it out of the Presidents archives, while all others failed. However, even he cannot survive the using of the F bombs during a public speech. Someone needs to tame him down a bit so he has a chance to run. What he is saying makes great sense but he better tame his tongue, ask George Romney on that one!


EA, SH.........:)!!


greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home