Monday, December 08, 2014

Friday Night Lights III, Movie Reviews

Well the Friday night lights are getting dimmer as time marches on.  Last night two of my favorite teams lost and are putting up the jocks today.  I was able to see one of them in live action and it was a great game.  I had the advantage in watching these two since neither was my favorite team during the regular season, so whoever won was adopted as my team.  My clever way of being on the winning side.  As they played the school song after the game with one side screaming great stuff the other side had tears in their eyes.  Oh well as they say, someone has to win in any contest.  The guys from the south part of the great Llano Estacado plains really play rock solid, hard hitting, well coached, aggressive high school football and they should win the state title.  These guy’s come from families that work in the oil field, own the oilfield, or work in the huge cotton agriculture industry or own it.  So, they are country boys by nature and really play tough football.  My curiosity will prompt me to attend the next game of the winner if it is close by.  If I do that will keep the Friday night lights a glowing!!  To be continued.........(maybe)!

Movie Reviews:

“Best of Me”, ****, A very good romance movie, so much so that I was the only male in the theater that day.  As I looked around there were female couples exclusively.  So, I can say this is a girlie type movie, but I did enjoy it.  The story is about a pair of former high school sweethearts that reunite after many years living their present lives.  There are flashback scenes that require the younger and then older pair, but the acting is very good among relatively unknown actors.  A sad ending but it fits the tone of the story.  Rated PG-13 for sexuality, violence, some drug content and brief strong language.  

“Dumb and Dumber To”, **, This only gets two stars simply because it was so dumb. The first one was a little better, but this one really takes the cake in bad humor and dumb jokes.  Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey play the lead(no one else in the acting business would want these roles, I would guess!).  Believe it or not it does have a serious story line, so I guess that is a reason to go see it.  Go to matinee or watch it on TV.  Rated PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, partial nudity, language and some drug references. 

EA, SH.......:)!

greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home