Monday, January 19, 2015

Losing Something, Movie Review


When I lose my glasses or cell phone that is a loss that makes me instantly mad or upset ,to say the least.  Then when I lose something of more value or importance to me, that causes a sinking, empty feeling that lingers on for some time.  It has been two weeks since Mr. Buffman, our 14 year old Boston Terrier died in his sleep, and I am finding that I still miss him a lot.  When he played with the other dogs the little shorty Bob use to bite on the Buffman’s back legs to aggravate him.  He would be patient at first then would finally take charge and let Bob have it with a few snips and a deep growl. Now I am noticing that Squeaky, Marley and Bob are really missing him and for at least a week they only ate half of what they usually eat.  While I am not putting as much food out for them they are at least eating like normal now.  The other thing I have noticed is far less poop in the back yard since the poop pickup patrol comes on my watch.  I have always thought that when one of these four died the easy thing to do would be to go out and buy another one, but now I know while I can do that it would not really replace the Buffman.  It would just be another dog with its’ own personality and attitude.  Possibly the same is true of lost loves or friendships, you just don’t go running out finding the same thing you have experienced overnight  Or the same is true of losing long time close friends or relatives.  I have lost a couple of my best friends over the past few years and it was very hard to realize, on the other hand I have lost some friends from my early years and the loss does not seem that drastic.  Within the last two weeks I have lost two of my old friends from my church and hand ball days, and since I had not seen them recently the loss didn’t seem as drastic, so as the world turns!!  Now to get out there and see all my old friends hopefully not to say goodbye but to say, hello how are you today!!

Movie Review:  

“Birdman”(or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance”, *****,  While this is a true five star movie it is also one different type of movie.  The acting is outstanding because that is what it is all about, “actors” and what they do.  It shows their outstanding abilities but also their weaknesses and insecurities.  It is presented like a stage play and then goes from their.  Do not expect a typical movie but be prepared to see behind the lines of what it takes to piece together high strung, insecure, successful, unsuccessful, paranoid, talented people of the arts!!  Rated R for language throughout, some sexual content and brief violence. 

EA, SH......!

greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home