Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kinky time in Texas, Walnut news, other Greerisms, Carlisms, Bushisms

Sometimes the news is very depressing and just gets me in a dither. I really don't want to listen to it or dwell on it, but I feel I must keep myself informed and so I read the newspaper, and internet news everyday. But, sometimes there will be stories that really make me feel there is hope and that some real good common sense is still out there. In Texas we will be going to the polls to vote for our Governor, with 6 year incumbent, Rick Perry leading the way. But there is refreshing news on the Texas political scene expressed by Independent candidate Kinky Friedman. With a name like that what else can I say(he does have a real given name but never uses it)and I must say this guy is real. Here are some Kinkyisms: "Kinky considers himself a short timer potential Governor, if elected he will only serve one 4 year term and then get out. He says if you can't fix the problems in 4 years, it can't be done. WOW! honesty from a politician! With cigar in hand, black cowboy hat on is head he says that he will not "pander to anybody" and his is attracting the disenfranchised voters. He also says, "It's the right race at the right time. All I'm about is common sense." His T-shirts exhibit some of the campaign slogans, i.e. "No Teacher Left Behind," referring to the education quagmire the current Governor has led our state into, also, "May the God of your choice bless you," or "November 7, 2006--Election Day--Independence Day." As an Independent and non-incumbent he must gather 45,000 signatures to get on the ballot. Here's hoping he gets there and I know one more signature he will get. Good luck Kinky!!!

Since prostate cancer runs in my family, an actuality with men over 70 it runs in many families, I am always on the look out for something to feed that little walnut that will make it stay healthy. The problem with that dude is that it is located in a bad spot of the body and has little chance for not getting some kind of irritation. For those of you who do not know where it is or what it does, here goes. It is located in between the bladder, seminal vesicle, ejaculatory duet, rectal pouch and the penis. Boy, how would you like to be sitting in those shoes. Well anyway because of this location medical minds have speculated over the years that this is why problems develop in that area of the body. While prostate cancer is one of the easiest cancers to treat, if found quickly, it can also be very deadly. One of my mentors died of this disease and it was not a pretty picture. It seems like I receive something in the mail, on a daily basis, that is the end all to prostate good health and it is confusing on what to take. What I do know is that by taking the so-called natural stuff for the past 12 years I have eliminated the need for prescription drugs to treat prostatitis and in fact I haven't experienced it since. No matter who offers the alternatives they always have some of the following ingredients: Rye plant nucleus extract, Beta Sitosterol, Saw Palmetto, L-OptiZinc, L-Alanine, Glutamic Acid, L-Glycine, Stinging Nettle, Epiloium, Lycopene. Now I know I have given some of this information before but when I notice a "new" ingredient I want to pass it along. What I noticed in my last bulletin was the Rye plant nucleus extract, so I thought I would re-visit this subject. What I am encouraging to my readers is that particular care be given to this area of your body since it affects your sex life, and I believe that is important(did I really say that?) While I do not want to endorse any particular company I can say that I take the E-Caps PSA Caps formula for the prostate. While E-Caps is the forerunner to endurance athletic legal supplements I think they wanted to offer some prostate protection due to recent studies concerning the affects of long bicycle rides on the prostate. At any rate, it's your body, take care of it like you were going to live past 67!

Bushism-most recent-When ask what has been the highlight day of his presidency the W man said, "When I caught a 7 lb bass." The ironic thing about this is that he was serious. Carlinism-"I had no shoes, and I felt sorry for myself until I met a man with no feet. I took his shoes. Now I feel better." Kinkyism-"As a Judeo Christian, Jesus is important to me as someone who I think is a warm and loving man who had a sense of humor and would be enjoying this campaign as much as anybody." Greerism-"As opposed to the current trend of doing unto others before they do it to you, let's go back to the original Gold Rule. If you don't know what the Golden Rule(I have had some younger people ask me what it is) is then find out!!"

Greer for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home