Thursday, September 21, 2006

Utah, Nevada, Nebraska, Kinkyman, a new Bushism

What was God thinking when he put in our minds that there should be a sin city? You say, well wait a minute you can't blame that on God, to the contrary the good book that quotes him quite frequently says, "Don't do all those things that go on in sin city!!!" At the same time he gives us the brains, thoughts, etc., to create a venue where we can go and sin, legally. Yep, the state of Nevada set up their statehood with a government that protects three things: prostitution, gambling, and the mining industry. Well man has created this perfect venue that draws over 1 million people per year just through the Las Vegas airport. It has more passengers go through it than any in the USA, and they are there to take in the Mormon Tabernacle choir(Mormon settles actually established Las Vegas in the beginning), NOT!!! They are there to lose their money in many various forms(there is only a 2% chance that you will win, so the other 98% builds these billion dollar monuments to sin city), watch or consort with naked women, drink adult beverages, and seek adult entertainment. Believe me, this is not Disneyland!! After this little foray is over they return to the airport, still stumbling and looking like absolute sombies!! Wow, God, what were you thinking? The good news for me is that I was passing through to St. George, Utah to offer my services as as expert triathlon witness for the State of Utah. It was a great trip and I hope my services were useful to the case and that all of the pertinant facts were explored.

From there I returned to Lubbock for a night, then off to Omaha, Nebraska for a packaging trade show. Wow, what was God thinking when he did Nebraska, what a beautiful city and state. To think this was the same God that did sin city, oh well he also gave us an ability to make a choice. So, after traveling the entire USA for the past 40 years I have seen most of these choices. The diversity just in our country is extremely diverse and there is something for all of us. Then it was back to Lubbock for me, Wow(again), what was God thinking when he did the South Plains and Lubbock, Texas? Some will say he went brain dead, some will say this is a great place, some will say another offering for diversity, some will say stick it I like trees, some will say stick it, I hate trees, some will say take the wind and shove it, some will say I love the Yellowhouse Canyons!! Regardless, there is something out there for all of us and I am proud and thankful I have had the priveledge to experience it and continue to do so.

Kinkyman: Well I ask if I could help with the man's campaign for Governor and was invited to help work at the Fair booth next weekend. This should be interesting since I have never helped a political campaign before in my life. They only ask that I wear a Kinky For Gov black t-shirt. It will be interesting!!

Kinky says: "I smoke as many as twelve cigars a day, and I expect to live forever. Of course I don't inhale. I just blow smoke at small children, vegetarians, and anybody who happens to be jogging by."

New Bushism heard on CNN Press Conferene last week, this one is fresh: "The economy is good, Americans have more money to spend in their pockets." From Greerman-Spend in their pockets, what the hell does that mean? While the news conference was set up in the Rose Garden for the Bushman to defend his proposals on re-writing the 60 year old Geneva Convention, he took the liberty to tell everyone how great of a job the administration is doing for the USA. He came out swinging at the questions ask by the press and was described as belligerent by one of the senior correspondents. Of course the Iraqi War came up and it was pointed out that it had been going on longer(5 years) than World War II lasted. We were assured by the President that there was no civil war going on in that country(don't know what it is called when they are killing each other along with our own troops)and that even though the enemy tactics had changed, the US is adapting to these changes. Again, what the hell does that mean, since there is no positive results or a resolution to end this debacle in sight?

So much for this serious stuff, now off to celebrate my 50th anniversary on graduating from Littleflield High School(the same high school that saw Waylon Jennings walk away without graduating and become an international country and western star). I will see people I haven't seen since that 50 years has lapsed. Should be interesting. I am also doing a '56 Wildcat Triathlon from Ransom Canyon to Littlefield in the morning, with a 1 mile swim, 44 mile bike and 7 mile run. All my former classmates were invited to join me, but no takers at this time. It would be an interesting 65-69 age group.

Disclaimer: On my previous post I had some typos and have not been allowed by the computer to correct them. I am working on it readers, believe me, but also bear with me. I do know how to spell but sometimes these things think for themselves and get stubborn.

greer

1 Comments:

Blogger Fast Twitch Mind said...

Bobby is recovering from cancer treatment and it is looking good. He had been away from running because of a foot problem. He is quite a golfer and still in very trim shape. I am trying to convert him over to triathlon. He still lives in Abernathy.

Thanks for reading,

greer

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home