Sunday, May 08, 2011

Memory Loss, Movie Review

A few days ago I came to the reality that memory loss is not associated with age. As I walked out of the aquatic center and couldn’t remember where I had parked my car I was sure I was loosing it. Then I got to thinking that memory loss starts very early in life and in fact is not associated with age. For example, I have no memory of the day I was born. But I know it happened for a number of reasons, i.e. I am here today, my birth certificate says I was born, and every year I celebrate my birthday on December 16th. But, back to the location of my Explorer some where in the parking lot. As I wondered through the maze of SUV’s I became totally aware that there is short term(where the hell is my Explorer) and long term loss, like someone reminds you of something you did when you were a teenager and you have no memory of that. Good news, memory loss is not fatal.


Movie Review: “Water for Elephants”, ****, This is a good movie even though the violence in it is a tad bit disturbing. This is a romantic drama with the circus big top as the focal point, the love between two people, and one big elephant(who later becomes a big hero). Robert Pattinson(of vampire fame) and Reese Witherspoon, a star performer in the circus, fall for each other. Christopher Waltz plays the cruel, disturbing owner of the circus and the husband of Reese Witherspoon. Lots of drama before, during and after. But the story is told by Hal Holbrook as we view it. Rated PG-13 for moments of intense violence and sexual content(much more violence than sex).


(How is this Brother Loomis?)


EA, SH........:)!


greerman



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home