Wednesday, September 27, 2006

50th Reunion Closing Observations, Kinkyman climbing

As I had mentioned in my previous post the Littlefield High School class of '57 had their 50th Reunion this past weekend and it was quite an eye opener. Since I had not seen the majority of these people in the past 50 years, it was like meeting strangers, but these "strangers" who knew our past. When it was all said and done I came away from the weekend events with a great feeling and assurance that my early life was spent in a great part of the country, with a bunch of great people. While I know a few of these classmates stayed in the home town, most did not and settled throughout the world. Initially I thought this might be a sad thing for the home town, but then after thinking about it I changed my mind. I decided that if good people spread themselves out amongst the population of any town or city or country and lived good lives, while setting good examples, it was almost like a missionary program of some kind. Maybe this is getting little deep, but it really is true. Good people, raising good children, providing leadership, providing industry, providing intelligence, providing integrity, providing honesty, etc., etc., then it is spread amongst whatever population is out there to gather it. That is how I saw our class, just good people out there doing the things that our parents taught us to do, to be good citizens. A few years ago when I was in New Zealand competing in the Ironman triathlon I noticed that the people of New Zealand were really nice people. When I inquired to one of the locals of what I had noticed and ask, "why are you guys such nice people?" They replied, "because we were taught to be this way!" It then dawned on me this weekend that the class of 1957 were taught to be good people, then left home and went out into the world to exhibit this same kind of lifestyle. So, class of '57, take a bow and continue on!! If there are any serial killers out there from our class just continue to stay in hiding so you won't tarnish our good image.

Working the South Plains Fair "Kinky for Governor" was an interesting two days. Since I had never worked for a candidate before this was a new experience. What I found was there are a lot of people going to vote for this very unusual character. He has gathered a following that has surprised many of the experts and is moving up in the polls as we speak. He is a breath of fresh air and very non-political in a political arena. If I were able to talk with him and ask him how he feels about all of this I think he might say, "It beats the hell out of me!" But, I think that today people are just tired of the typical political bs and the huge amounts of money that are spent on campaigns. The money either coming from family or special interests groups. Neither of these sources are available to Kinky. He is getting the money to run from the sale of t-shirts, books, cash donations, etc.

Some Kinky quotes: "May the God of your choice bless you" or "I support Gay marriage, they should have the right to be miserable as the rest of us" or "You can take the politicians to the water, but you can't make them think" or "Save yourself for Kinky" or "Why the Hell Not?" or "The illegal immigration solution for Texas-divide the border from Mexico and Texas into 5 different sections with 5 Mexican generals in charge of each section, give them $1,000,000.00 in cash, and everytime an illegal immigrant gets across the border take $5000.00 away from the General in charge. This will stop this problem very fast." or "What's the big deal, being Governor of Texas is like being in charge of a giant chili cook off." or "How hard can it be?"

The main thing is, GET OUT AND VOTE!

Recently I have had people ask me, "what do I take as a supplement to my diet?" Well I take a few things every morning and I will make a complete list in a few days. But, one that I have added in the past few months is one that I will mention today. The product is called Juice Plus+. These products provide you with the proper nutrients from a pill form of fruits and vegetables. My experience is that I feel more energy after taking them and I know they are giving me the fiber we all need. Their web site is, www.got-health.com. By recommending these products please don't think I am on the Juice Plus take, I just know I see a difference and they make diet sense. Check it out if you feel so inclined.

greerman

2 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hey, how old is that picture of you, anyway? ;-)
Nice to see you blogging.
PS: How come I still don't have a B&S T-shirt?

Have a good one!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Fast Twitch Mind said...

Hey, that photo was done last year, sorry for delay in answering. I forget that my readers can respond and I never expect to have any readers. I am surprised now with 3-4000 hits per month. Which t-shirt do we owe you, send shipping address and I will get one to you. Sorry about that! Great shot of you on the bike!
greer

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home