Sunday, November 06, 2011

Geezer Gadgets

How many times have you heard me complain about the good ole days of simplicity and where have all the “on” and “off” buttons gone? Well I decided to look around me and see what is left of those good “ole” days and there was more there than I remembered. For example, the old fashioned finger nail clippers are still there, still doing a great job and very inexpensive. Even though their style hasn’t changed or the cheap metal they are made of you can keep those nails trimmed and cleaned slicker than a whistle. Then there is the fly swatter. I bought one last night at the grocery store and when I was looking for it I expected something real fancy with some kind of battery operated gismo that sucked the flies into the chamber and put some kind of killing dust on them. But, lo and behold there was this wire handle with a 6’ x 6” square plastic swatter at the end of it just like in the old days. You just swat them very quickly and painlessly and they are history. To round out my oldies but goodies story, I looked in my closet and saw the old wire coat hangers still hanging in there keeping my clothes from falling to the floor. On top of that wire coat hangers are used for other things that may require a very stiff wire to secure something that is hanging down for some reason. I use to know a guy that actually manufactured coat hangers, he seem fairly normal but did have a twitch in his speech when he talked. Said something about the many uses there were for wire coat hangers and how he used them to pick his teeth. The conclusion here is that while I don’t ever see any Henry Ford model A’s running around I do see some of that good ole day gadgets that are still serving mankind very well. Makes me feel so good!!


EA, SH.......:),


greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home