Sunday, December 04, 2011

Time Flies, Movie Reviews

They, whoever that is, say that time flies when you are having fun. Well if that is the case then I must be having lots of fun. As I go back over my life I can actually remember the first time I went on a run. When I ask my mother how old I was then she said I was two. Well that is only 70 years ago and I can still remember all of the details of that run. Of course most of my motivation was not concerned with fitness but simply running away from my mother as she tried to corral me back into the house. Seems as though over the years I still maintain that air of independence and desire to aggravate a little. Now as my mind wanders over the past 70 years I have lots of great memories concerning all aspects of my life, and the good news is most of them are all good. There always has to be that little section of your mind that inventories those “bad” things or maybe those “challenges” or “adverse” things, but in the long run those are the character builders and do you more good than bad. One of my memorable times in my life was when times were really tough and I actually had the gall to ask God, through prayer, to actually make it ever tougher. Much to my surprise that is exactly what happened. So, after that little test of “does the Lord answer our prayers” I found out that he does. Now as I look on the wall at the many photos that prove I was younger at one time in my life, and that it seems like only yesterday, I can be thankful that I have that one great measurement of wealth and that is “my good health!”


Movie Reviews: Disclaimer-since the current crop of movies are so bad I am having to make myself go to the movies. So, those of you who like the reviews will understand and those that do give a hang will just giggle a little. On the other hand there is one five star showing and I will review it.


“ J Edgar”, *****, This movie is about the life story J. Edgar Hoover, the founder and director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The director of the movie is Clint Eastwood and he does a bang up job. He has the guts to address the strengths and weaknesses of the man who had the vision to create the FBI and then head it up through the tenures of 8 USA presidents. While some of his methods were of question and his private life style even more questionable, this is one well done movie. Actor Leo DiCaprio is bound for an academy award nomination for his performance as Hoover. Rated R for brief strong language.


“Tower Heist”, ***, From an academy award possibility to this is hard to swallow; however, it is not a bad three star movie. It is possible that we are going to see this because of all the animated films being shown and we want to see some flesh and blood(at least that is my feeling). Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead a talented cast in a rather juvenile and ordinary comedy caper about working stiffs. Their place of employment is a swank hotel/apartment complex owned by a zillionaire(swims in his roof top outdoor pool some 50 stories up) played by Mash’s own Hawkeye, Alan Alda. He swindles millions out of the pension plan, etc., so the workers decide to get it back come hell or high water. Predictable but fun! Rated PG-13 for language and sexual content.


“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1:” *(If you don’t go for the blood sucking vampire movies), ***(If you do), While I know I swore off of these movies I just had to see some flesh instead of the animated so not only did I get flesh but I got some blood along the way. This has it all, wedding, wedding night, pregnancy, blood, birth, and conversion to the vampire clan. Bella(played by Kristen Stewart) has it all happen to her. Her vampire husband really turns it on as they do their honeymoon sexual encounters. Bottom line is she now becomes a vampire and that is the story for Part II coming up within a year. I hope and pray we start getting some more human movies out so I will not be forced to see this followup!! Rated PG-13 for disturbing images, violence, sexuality, partial nudity and some thematic elements(everything but bad language, no F bombs at all).


EA, SH........:),


greerman





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home