Wednesday, January 02, 2013

New Year, Movie Review


Now that 2012 is done and out of the way, the new year looks very promising and on its’ way to many successes.  In a not too typical way I spent the New Years eve on the dance floor from 9-1:00 p.m., so ushered in the new year as I two stepped to a great band from Floydada called “Rampage.”  They weren’t country, rock, blues, but really a combination of all, so my style of non-lesson oriented two stepping fit great to their beat.    The good news about this crowd was the fact there were no rude cell phone usages texting, e-mailing, etc.  It is almost like the silent message was delivered, “no cell phones allowed!!” The New Years day morning had me out on a 10 mile run and it was perfect running weather.  This will be great preparation for the Cowtown Marathon in February, hoping to finish higher than last year in my age group.  In looking over the 2012 calendar I find it is filling up real fast with with trips to Dallas, Colorado Springs, Washington, D.C., Odessa, Amarillo, Roswell, NM,  already on the January schedule. The second and third quarters are looking like San Diego, Spokane, WA, El Paso, Ft. Worth, then back to Dallas, and The Woodlands in May for participation in the Ironman Texas.  In looking at our event production business it will grow from 11 events in 2012 to 14 or maybe 15 for 2013, so I guess this hobby has turned into a real business.  Now I wonder why people ask me if I am retired!  The good news about having a full agenda is that I am continually having to think just to figure out where I am or where I should be.  We have a new organizational meeting for the Ironman Triathlon Club for Lubbock and it kicks off on January 3rd right here in Ransom Canyon. When the warmer days hit the Hog is begging for a ride to the canyons, so must watch the temperature closely!! Anything close to 70 will require the roar of the engine!   Another point of being busy maybe I will stay out of trouble!!  :) 

Movie Review:  “This Is 40”, *-, Well I can’t say I wasn’t warned about how bad and crude this movie is, but I was tired of football games and headed out by myself to watch this mess.  This is supposingly a comedy that is a quasisequel to the 2007 movie “Knocked Up.”  While it wasn’t a classic either or even that good the stars of the 07 movie are now grown ups with two daughters, now facing turning 40.  Pete(played by Paul Rudd) and Debbie(Leslie Mann) were seen as a married couple in “Knocked UP” and this film reveals where their marriage stands.  While Leslie Mann is a great looking blonde she talks in a whine tone all the time and it drives me crazy.  No matter how good she looks her voice is a master turn off.  Rudd does a good job of acting in this useless movie.  Some viewers may remember “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” where in one scene Steve Martin said the F...bomb 22 straight times.  Well in 40 they used this word in nearly every scene with 22 being conservative.  Rated R for sexual content, crude humor, pervasive language and some drug material.  

EA, SH........!

greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home