Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Book Reviews, Movie Review

In the future I will be giving short book reviews on some of the books that I have discovered recently and also some that I have on my shelf that I use as references, i.e. Where Have All the Leaders Gone, by Lee Iacocca, and Healthy Living, by Dr. Andrew Weil. While I also have, Why We Suck, by Dr. Denis Leary and When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin I probably will save those for a real rainy day when dark, deep, sick humor is needed. At any rate I have been reading the following two books and find them a real "must" to be on the shelves of anyone who likes positive subjects and some road maps to a better and happier life. First, "Life's Greatest Lessons" by Hal Urban. This is a great book that discusses, in a real common sense tone the 20 things that matter. Mr. Urban's approach to these 20 items will keep you reading and almost spell bound to the honesty and truth that they reveal. Examples, item 4, We Live by Choice, Not by Chance, item 6, Habits Are the Key to All Success, item 12, Goals Are Dreams with Deadlines, item 16, No One Else Can Raise Your Self-Esteem, etc. Second, the other book is John C. Maxwell's, "How Successful People Think." This is a great book that can change your thinking and your life for the better. While both of these books are best sellers I think the real story is that they have so much truth in them and real application for anyone that they are must for an shelf or bed time night stand(the best time to read for me).

Movie Review: "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen", ***, While I said in my last review on these mechanical things walking all over the earth kicking humans around would be my last, I broke down and went to see this thing(also about mechanical things kicking the humans around). But the weird thing about this is these guys turn into cars, trucks and then revert back to a walking monster. Since I am not a transformer guy I really didn't know what was happening here, but I did learn that there are villain transformers and good guy transformers. I also learned that they have emotions and some even cry. Now to the story, the humans team up with the good transformers to save the earth from the bad transformers. Though out the movie there is loud action and one sexy human girl. Humor of an offensive sort is provided by the undersized robots Mudflap and Skids, with trash mouths. Go see if you like these type of movies, to me they get real old. It has a three star just because it was well done and made some sense, again if you like mechanical things walking around and riding around fighting the humans. Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, language, crude and sexual material, and brief drug material.

greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home