Sunday, May 27, 2012

What You See Is What You Get!! Movie Reviews


A few years ago I was on a bicycle ride with a friend of mine and the wind was blowing like it can blow around the Hub city, for no good reason and very hard.  As we were riding he kept complaining about how hard it was and how the wind made him so tired, etc.  I told him the secret to riding in the wind was to make the wind his friend and also to create, in his mind, an imaginary snow plow in front of him that would knock off all of the wind and also to quit complaining about it.  This image would help to free up the mind on how challenging the wind can be while riding and in turn would decrease the amount of fatigue.  He just gave me a big grin and said, my snow plow is not working and I hate this wind.  Well sometimes this works for some and not for others, but I have found that imagery is totally effective in everything that I do.  After receiving a swim lesson on proper stroke mechanics and set the imagery in my mind and even practiced it in front of the mirror a week before a triathlon in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin(not too far from the original Playboy club).  My goal was to take 5 minutes off of my time and most of the preparation by this time was in front of the mirror and also thinking about swimming the event, etc.  When I got to Lake Geneva I went to the swim site and since they had the swim buoys set up on the course, I sat on the beach and concentrated on each swim buoy as I would reach them and then make the turn, I found my heart rate going up and the feel of swimming it was like it was actually happening.  I never went in the water but after I completed the swim, in my mind, I actually felt like I had been in it.  Now the good news, I did take exactly 5 mintues off of my previous best time for this distance.  When I tell this story people will ask, well why didn’t you set the goal to take 15 minutes off of your time?  The answer is simple, that would not have been realistic for my style of swimming.  
My point here is that we can use imagery in all facets of our lives to become more effective or to achieve something we really want.   When I use to travel out of Lubbock every week in my industrial securement packaging days I would use my time driving to the airport to visualize my trip after landing in my destination city and would even go through the dialogue for the sales calls I would be making.  If I had a problem at a current customers business I would go over that in detail, in my mind, and always schedule it first so that the balance of the day would be spent on more pleasant things and also add new business.  If my travel fatigue was bugging me by the end of the month I would use the imagery to ease my mind and refresh myself to the degree of success I has having and the income that I was realizing.  These positive thoughts would make the trip easier and more productive.  In harmony with the imagery of a particular task I would always prepare a to do list that helped my visualize the completion of the task.  While I have never considered myself a creative person when it comes to art, painting, music, or great engineering feats, I have felt that the imagery creations that I use to accomplish different things represents some form of art.  While using imagery in the physiological things that I do seems to be a natural, my secret formula is simple, “what you see is what you get!!”
Movie Reviews:
“Men In Black3”, ***, This is the third movie about a government agency that controls the illiegal aliens that inhabit earth.  The stars are the same as the original, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones and this sequel is very good.  Smith(Playing Agent J) is concerned that his long time partner played by Jones(Agent K) is just not as nice as he should be, plus if he doesn’t go back in time to 1969 and change history the earth will be destroyed.  If that isn’t a mouth full I don’t know what is.  But it is comical and well done by both actors.  Josh Brolin plays a younger(29 year old) Tommy Lee and also does a great job.  Almost believeable.  Rated PG-13 for sci-fi action violence and brief suggestive content. 
“Dark Shadows”, ***, While I am not a vampire movie fan I went to this movie for two reasons, one, I remember Dark Shadows years ago as a popular TV series, two, I like Johnny Depp and wanted to see him carry out the role of Barnabas. The wicked witch, who caste the spell on Barnabas, is played by Eva Green and Michelle Pfeiffer(the head of the household) do a great job.  I would imagine for a vampire movie this is a very good one.  Rated PG-13 for comic horror violence, sexual content, some drug use, language and smoking. (It has it all)
“The Dictator”, 0(Zero), Sorry I wasted my money, but it is better for me to waste my money than for my readers to waste theirs’.  The film tells the story of a dictator, played by Sacha Baron Cohen(how he ever convinces anyone to spend the money producing his movies is beyond me) who risks his life to ensure that democracy never comes to the country he so lovingly oppressed(it gets more stupid as I write!).  Rated PG-13 for strong crude and sexual content, brief male nudity, language and some violent images. 
EA, SH.........:)!
greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home