Thursday, January 26, 2012

Movie Stuff, Reviews

Well I just noticed in the paper this morning it is movie Oscar time coming up real quick. So, I went through the nominated movies, actors, etc., to see what I have seen and what I have missed. Turns out some of the movies that are nominated are still showing in Lubbock, so I will get out to see them. One of my favorites and I, like many others, assumed it would be a shoo in to be nominated is J. Edgar, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. It is a true story about the establishment of the Federal Bureau of Investigation by J. Edgar Hoover. A very well done movie and great acting. But, I guess they just didn’t kiss enough butts or pass out enough cigars to get it on the nominating list. But I have seen “War Horse” and it will be reviewed below, and is a nominated movie. For those of your who do not go to movies and do not read my reviews, please bear with me. It is just something I like to do and then compare my reviews with the local critic:


“Joyful Noise”, ***, This is a feel good movie with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton playing key rolls as the leaders of the small town Georgia choir of the Divinity Church. After losing the long time choir director they are driven to win the annual contest in LA called the National Joyful Noise Competition. Lots of good music and action. Rated PG-13 for some language including a sexual reference. Go for matinee pricing!


“War Horse”, *****, This is a great movie and the local critic and I agree 100% on this movie. It is a story, directed by Steven Spielberg, about the birth of a thoroughbred horse that is asked to do many things other than be a thoroughbred. It is during the time of World War I and the overall cinematography is beyond spectacular. The story is about a young Englishman and the horse he named Joey, starting with his training of the horse since birth, the selling of the horse to the British army, war action by both horse and man, to the ultimate re-uniting of both. Great photography, great story, and great ending. Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of war violence.


EA(go see), SH.......:)


greerman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home