Friday, August 03, 2007

Testosterone's influence, Some things from Iacocca, Movie reviews

The influence of testosterone is simply amazing and enables men to jump over large buildings, seduce beautiful women, lift more, run faster, ripple more and eat fire spitting dragons raw!! On the other hand it also makes man totally stupid and really brings out the real kid in a supposingly grownup man. Let me illustrate with an actual true life story of two grown men acting like 15 year old kids and you will see what I mean. A few weekends ago I was heading to the Lubbock Renegades Area2 football game and I realize that doesn't sound real exciting but here is the rest of the story. I decided that since I was going to see a macho sport I would make the trip into town for the game on my Hog. So, after making a few stops and working my way through the traffic in Lubbock I pulled up to one of the busy intersections called 50th and Indiana. I was heading North on Indiana and as I approached 50th the signal light changed to red. So, being one who likes to stop at red lights as opposed to getting my butt knocked off by some big pick up truck I stopped as I should. I was in the left straight through lane and as I pulled up to the intersection I noticed to the right of me a very bright red, Porshe(model number unkown to me, but it was one of those real sporty two door models). The guy driving was probably in his early 50's with a good looking babe beside him, probably in her 30's. The Porshe was beyond shiny, it was also well manicured with not a speckle of dust, dirt, bugs, road grim or anything at all on it. The guy had a good tan, all hair in place, some gold and diamonds on and he was real cool. I also noticed that he was playing some hands with his female companion and they were very into each other, until I pulled up beside them on the Hog. Of course it was very loud and obnoxious to them and I am sure my black leathers and cool sunglasses bugged them a little. Upon coming to a full stop I gave a slight look out of the corner of my eyes to gather as much information as I could about my lane companion to the right. As I did I allowed the Hog to give a gentle roar to make sure they understood I was there and that the bright red Porshe was not intimidating either of us. This also emphasized who was the bossman around here and no foreign piece of machinary was going to push us around. As we sat through the series of events that go on with being caught and what seemed like a long time, it was apparent that the Hog and the Porshe were being tempted to challenge each other the minute the light changed. Fact is the more I sat there and watched the testestrone flow out into the streets the more I knew this was going to happen. Sure enough the second the lights started changing the roar of the motors started happening. It was like drag night at the OK corrall and it was apparent that these two pieces of machinary were going to put red against black and everyone else beware. The second the light turned green the two monster egos roared out of the starting block and for about a full block the medal was to the pedal with the final outcome being determined by the ahead traffic that put this little race back to the posted speed limit. From there on to the next light it was cat and mouse, and at one point the Hog was able to put the big roar thing on this dainty red Porshe then release the back blast right into the drivers side. This was irritating to the suave, cool 50 something guy who was trying to impress the 30 something good looking babe, but he had no recourse and had to take it like a man. There is just no possible macho match for the big Hog attack and don't even try big boy. With that small victory for Hog machoism, black leather, and smart ass attitude it was off to the football game. But, in one last parting communication with the red Porshe I noticed his personalized license plate didn't say TEXAS 4536xl, it had the gall to say, "IS FUN". Maybe he is laughing all the way to the bank on that one, but it was fun to feel the testestorone flow and have a little fun feeling these two machines par a little with each other. The Renegades then lost the game, and I road away into the dark of night to Ransom Canyon to put the Hog to bed, pet the Buffman & Squeaky dogs, hang up the leathers and get a good nights sleep.

Well I just finished the Iacocca book and what a great one. This should be read by every person I know or don't know. The "W" man could really use a good dose of this book, but since you have to know how to read it would probably not work for him. While I encourage you to get the book I will go ahead and reveal the 9 C's of leadership as designed by Mr. Iacocca: Curiosity, Creative, Communicate, Character, Courage, Conviction, Charisma, Competent, Common Sense. It is very interesting to see how he applies these C's to the current leadership in our country and how he applies them to the current candidates that will be the next leadership of our country. Of course it should be pointed out that these 9 C's apply to all leadership, no matter the size of the organization that is being led. His thoughts on true globalization as illustrated by the untimely death of Princess Diana. His answer to how this tradgedy illustrates globalization-"An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, driving a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scotch whiskey, followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles, treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian medicines. This is posted by an American, using Bill Gates' technology, and you're probably reading this on a computer that uses Taiwanese chips and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant, transported by Indian lorry-drivers, hijacked by Indonesians, unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by Mexican illegals. That, my friend is Globalization!"

Movie reviews: "I Know Who Killed Me" **, For the life of me I don't get how Lindsay Lohan has become so popular and considered a movie star. She basically plays herself, yep, slut-bitch-whore-druggie-boozer(take your choice), reveal a little of her average put together body with dirty finger nails, and still gets star billing. Her real life resembles her screen life, so the script writers just wait for her next episode with one of the above then make another movies. Of course the current movie she had to be delayed since she was again in jail on dui, etc. Now this movies may have a little twist compare to her real life, but still has some similarities. It does have some serial killer things in it, a twin that she didn't know she had, and of course some loving parents who don't understand her. Go see this only if, one, you are a Lohan lover, two, you get discounted tickets or free, three, the popcorn is real fresh, four, you just don't have anything else to do.(since I am a self proclaimed critic I have to go, he, he!!)

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" ***, Only for those opened minded about gay life style and the feeling that the bureaucratic red tape of the government is bs. Kenny James and Adam Sandler do a great job as New York City Firemen, who of course end up getting married to beat the red tape associated with the death of Larry's(played by Kenny James) wife, and his two children. Enjoyable, but go in with an open mind. Not as forward as "Brokeback" was, but still not your ordinary theme.

Off to Midland to do the Tall City Triathlon,

greer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home