Friday, July 08, 2011

Inquiring Minds, Movie Review

Inquiring minds want to know whether or not I rode the motorcycle during the 22nd running of the Buffalo Springs Lake Ironman 70.3. The intrigue over this question was raised to unreasonable heights(and to think I didn’t think anyone really cared) when my favorite writer at the Lubbock AJ made a point about it in one of the lead in articles about the event. It seems as though some people felt I should not ride the Hog because of the bicycle crash injuries, especially to my left hip, etc. Turns out riding the Hog during the event is one of my superstitious habits that I do every year. Fact is the athletes have become accustomed to me being out on the course with the loud monster and expect nothing less. So, a couple of days before the event I took a test ride and everything worked great. End of story, I rode the big black Hog during the event and was able to help some of the athletes who had some flat problems and also one who had a heat problem(imagine that at 112 degrees). Not only did I get to ride during the event I was able to get a different look at all that goes on, besides I can smell the road kill and feel the wind(20-25 mph) running through my helmet. No better seat in the house during the race. Now getting ready for number 23(my lucky number)!!


Movie Review: “Mr. Popper’s Penguins”, ***, For those who do not like Jim Carrey just save your money; however, if you thank penguins are cute you can compromise and go see a funny, non-offensive movie. There is also a good story with it since he is a very successful Manhattan real estate person, who inherits six penguins from his father. He is also divorced with two children, so the penguins offer an avenue to score points with them. Cute and silly, so beware you may laugh a little. Rated PG for mild rude humor and some language.


EA, SH.......:)


greerman


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home